03 March, 2013

Everybody takes a tumble


Yesterday was Clean Up Australia day and predictably enough, it provided another photo opportunity for Tony Abbott.  In fact, I’ll pay him this one.  There’s nothing wrong with everyone picking up some rubbish on such a day and it’s even forgivable to have cameras around since there are media functions all around.

One of the things the cameras caught was Mr Abbott slipping and falling as he walked down an embankment.  Now I am not here to make fun of him falling.  That would be juvenile.  It could have happened to anyone.  It’s not news, it’s trivia at best.  My point is about how the vision might be used – or not.

If this


Doesn’t get as much air time as this


Then it’s going to tell us an awful lot about the news media at the moment.
 



7 comments:

  1. Well done!! Great article. Now let's sit back and see how much coverage this gets. I won't be holding my breath :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen this footage...at 9.25pm...I think that tells you what you already knew

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen this. Not good enough Australian media. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit for the vision goes to Insiders who played the clip this morning. It can be seen here http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/content/2012/s3702207.htm about 4 minutes in.

      Delete
  4. Not taking sides. Does anyone else see the difference between walking on pavement as opposed to hopping down the side of a hill full of brush. Again, not taking sides, both clips are juvinile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point. I just would have expected this to be perfect fodder for media obsessed with trivia and personality.

      I would like to think that an outbreak of good taste and decency since the Gillard clip is the reason the Abbott clip hasn't been rebroadcast nearly as much, but one has to wonder...

      Delete
  5. As juvenile as my spelling skills...

    ReplyDelete